This is post #54 in 100DaysOfBloggingChallenge
This one was about forming habits, which can be applied to anything in general.
What is a habit?
Actions performed routinely in certain contexts and situations.
- To make anchor behaviour
- To master a skill
- To save energy
The four variables for habit development are:
1) Patience: Be patient till a habit is formed. It takes a minimum of 18 days and maximum of 254 days to form a habit, the average being 66 days!
2) Small steps: Start with small steps.
3) Schedule: Habits for better when done regularly and frequently. Do the activity at the same time daily if possible.
4) Convenience: Tie the new habit to something you already do! Like flossing with brushing. A key to habit forming is making it as convenient as possible.
To track your habit forming, start a habit calendar.
- Print an empty calendar.
- Mark the date when you do your activity with a tick and cross the dates when you don’t.
- Record and keep an eye on streaks.