Here goes one more year! 2015 has been better for me than previous few years as fas as reading is concerned !
I read 25 books in 2014 and I vaguely remember wishing to double that number and aim for roughly one book each week for 2015! Well, I tried and my count is 33! Not bad, huh!
More important is the fact that I experimented more, got out of my comfort zone and non-fiction doesn’t scares me as much now!
Summary of my reading saga:
1. Best Fiction: The Wind Up Bird Chronicle. Haruki Murakami spills magic into his words, truly! My first exposure to magical realism, something I will not forget for a long time!
2. Best Non Fiction: Tough ! Cannot decide which is better between Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg or Things that a Little Bird Told Me by Biz Stone. The former talks about the challenges faced by working women in corporate world, latter is a tale of Twitter’s inception. Working as an IT Professional, I could relate to both and so much to learn 🙂
3. Best YA: Quite a lot of YA books this year. Best pick : Beauty Queens! Just enjoyed it, every other sentence of this book made me laugh! I don’t see any harm in giggling at teenagish jokes once in a while!!
4. Thought Provoker, inspirational: A Book that I’ll remember for long: The Lost Girls! The daring trip by these three young New-Yorkers to find themselves is just so relevant for almost everyone! It made me think about what I am doing and what I am not doing as much as I should! Made me re-affirm something I always believed, experiences are something which we need to invest in more!
5. Best Story: Book that made my eyes moist: Truth And Beauty, a real friendship book! Stirred my emotions. There sure is goodness in this world!!
What was the best read for you this year??? I would love to have some add-ons for my TBR!!
Finishing off the last post for this year with this great quote:
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.