My TBR list is an ever increasing list!! Ratio of read v/s added is almost 1:10, i.e. by the time I finish one book, I add about 10 more books. So, basically there’s so much to read!! Thinking about re-reading seems like a far fetched task. Nonetheless, there are some books which have that something in them that you feel like reading them again. Here goes my small(ish) list of such books:
- Love Story: Already read it 8 times, I am not sure how many more times I will read it. I love it for its a simple, sweet, believable love story!
- Fountainhead & Atlas Shrugged: OK , this is cheating now as adding two will make it a list of six! But I really really want to read both these again. Having read these 8 years ago, I strongly believe that I will perceive them in a different way now!. Ayn Rand’s idea of objectivism and the way she portrays power of mind are commendable! Every one must read atleast these two of her four novels!
- Gone with the Wind: This classic by Margaret Mitchell is an engrossing, emotional read. Rhett Butler is my favourite literary male character, Scarlett is someone whom I could never like a lot but the way their romance progresses is such a beauty to read!
- Pride and Prejudice: What can you say about a book with one of the most popular opening lines!! “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife”. Of course, this is a story of a middle class woman frantically trying to get her daughters married! Again Darcy is one of the characters I truly love! Maybe “penned” men of that era seem quite attractive to me ;). The way Elizabeth’s and Darcy’s love blossom is a joy to read! I have already read it three times.
- Things that a Little Bird Told Me: Written by Biz Stone, it’s such a simple but powerful book! Most recent read from this list and I can already read it again!