25, as of now… that’s the total number of books I have read in 2014. I hope to add at-least couple more to the figure before the year ends! I know there would be many who would have read heaps more than this but I have reached this yearly figure after a long long time. I can say I am pleased with myself and will aim to exceed this in 2015!
I have tried to go out of my comfort zone and read a few non-fiction ones and surprisingly it’s neither THAT difficult nor is it only something which few CHOSEN ones can do . LOL! This is something I want to continue doing next year, try genres I generally avoid, read new authors, experiment etc.
My five favs from this year are :
- The Sense of an Ending: This small Booker Winner was amazing and justifies the saying that big things come in small packages. How frequently we sense and come across so many endings in our lives and how desperately we wish to change certain things!
- Veronika Decides to Die: Just finished reading it couple of days ago , never imagined it would end up being as my favourite and something I would want to re-read!
- The Shadow of the Wind: One of the best written stories I have read! Just loved it, backdrop of Spain… two similar stories progressing simultaneously… book about love of books..nothing more I could ask for!
- Eat, Pray, Love: Loved the concept of the book.. the way the female protagonist tries to re-discover herself through “Eat-Pray-Love” after a divorce. Something all of us need to do some point or other in our lives for all of us loose ourselves in hustle-bustle of life!
- Gone Girl: Njoyed reading it for its sheer wickedness. One of those books which you want to end soon for they are so overwhelming but when they you are actually done with them, you want them to go on. I will not forget this one for long!
How many books have you read this year??? Which ones were your absolute favourites??
Any recommendations for my TBR list for 2015 which I shouldn’t miss for anything!!!