WebDriver is an interface and Selenium has classes to implement methods of Webdriver interface. It makes direct calls to the native browser methods without any server.
- Navigate to seleniumhq.org/download/
- Find the Selenium Webdriver for Java and download which will be a zip file.
- Extract the zip, it will have two jar files and library files as
- Go to the JavaDoc for Selenium to view the classes that the WebDriver implements at http://selenium.googlecode.com/git/docs/api/java/index.html
- Open Eclipse and create a new Java Project.
- Right click on your Project and click on Properties.
- Select “Java Build Path”.
- Click on Libraries tab and then on “Add External JARs”.
After the libraries are integrated with Eclipse, you are good to go.